Glasses, phone, and laptop packed, school bag over my shoulder, car keys and home keys in hand, scarf around the neck, coat buttoned, I turned off the lights in the hallway, unlocked the door, stepped out of the apartment, locked the door and walked down the stairs. Seemed too early to leave home. I could have slept a bit more. After the weekend away from home my body and mind were not fully rested, yet. I would have loved to have a slow day at home. Not an option. School was waiting.
I stepped outside, ready to hurry to my car, when I noticed the little beauties. A small group of snow drops curiously peeked around under a bare rosebush next to a small patch of snow.
I stopped. Breathed. Smiled.
The sign of spring promised a beautiful day.
 |
| I took the photo in the afternoon when I returned from school. |
This is lovely! The pause and recovery in taking a moment to appreciate "the little beauties" provides a visible contrast to the efficiency of getting out the door to get to work.
ReplyDeleteLovely - we are not there yet but hopefully soon.
ReplyDeleteYes, a bud of hope. I have not seen one yet, but it is a matter of days as the warms of the sun pulls at the ground. Hope it is a good day.
ReplyDeleteThe promise of Spring. Glad you did not miss this beauty on your way to school.
ReplyDeleteLove this! It always makes me smile so much when early spring flowers start to pop up!
ReplyDeleteA rush to the car and you stop to take a moment. A sign of spring would be enough to make me pause as well!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely slice! I adored reading this and thinking of you pause at this sign of spring!
ReplyDeleteI love how you also captured the drops of moisture. I am still waiting for a bud of hope!
ReplyDelete"Stopped, breathed, smiled." You were in the moment in spite of a busy day ahead. Thanks for capturing the lovely picture! Snow drops - a lovely word for this harbinger of spring!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely slice... making the ordinary extraordinary. Tomorrow is the first day of spring and our weather certainly feels like it with high 60s today.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to my daffodils. Your photo is lovely.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful descriptions! Isn't it amazing how something so tiny can make our day great? :-) ~JudyK
ReplyDelete