| Made Balbat's digital illustrations |
What a wonderful decision to finish Friday visiting an exhibition in Estonian Children's Literature Center. The stairway leads to the second floor and all along the way I can admire the colorful pictures. Each vibrant and detailed. The one with Alice in Wonderland felt like meant for me. Add to this little violin players practicing for their concert in the adjacent hall and you can imagine the magical moment. I was on a weekly artist date - a practice I learned about from Julian Cameron's "The Artist's Way." For the past several months I have taken time every week to go to some exhibitions. I have learned about some amazing artists. Their creations have nudged my thinking and nurtured my emotions.
The best sentence from the whole book for me was "Life is meant to be an artist date."
Have you been to an Artist Date? Where did you go last time?
* I would kindly appreciate if you didn't ask me about morning pages and my own work.
Thank you so much for this and the link to Julia Cameron's ideas. I had no idea she had such a site. Perhaps coming to this place is a little like filling our wells. Happy Thanksgiving to you! May you holiday have moments of love and time for play.
ReplyDeleteI love the artist's way! It has been awhile since I consciously took myself on a date. The last one was to an Indian restaurant by myself and taking myself for a hike in the Dunes. With the way my life is structured now, I have to be a little more creative with my dates. Today it was a run to fuel my writing. The sun shone down on me in the same place as yesterday and I appreciated it in that moment! Thanks for the pictures - they are amazing pieces.
ReplyDeleteSeeing the pictures and reading about your artist date make me wish there were a museum or gallery close by. It is so important that we take time to nurture ourselves.
ReplyDelete