Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Found poetry

When the March slice of life story challenge finished, I knew I wouldn't continue blogging daily. Twice a week is enough for me. Several people have joined poetry challenges, writing daily poetry. This seems even more demanding than writing ordinary slices. It's not that I needed another challenge but #aprillove2018 instagram photo invitation was tempting. Click and done. A little bit of writing. Mini-slices. Yet, for today, having the photo would not be enough. Finding myself in my favourite writing spot I discovered that I had missed the words today - maybe they had not arrived today or maybe they had already left because they got tired of waiting. My blog is a writing playground. So I decided to play with the words that we were present  here already.

Using some titles of my SOLSC posts I created one found poem and the phrases from the comments I arranged into another found poem.

Poem(ish) one:

Not an ordinary day
When you find the right book
Reading in the car
Lucky charm
Writing in a café
Ten minute writing
Late night writing
One more cup of tea
Write what you think
Huge and small
Right now
Write it down
Celebrate

 Poem(ish) two:

A book at home on my bookshelf
Waiting to be cracked open
The words and inspiration put into the world
To be read and savored over and over
Amazing what we can see
Even when we don’t know what we are looking for
Always finding something interesting to notice
Unexpected beautiful discovery
Love those moments
Moments of savoring
So much to enjoy

A perfect way to spend a little extra time


And here's my photo for today:


15 comments:

  1. I need that cup of tea, a book, and some quiet. It's been a stormy day here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! What a wonderful slice-full of reminders-a theme to slow down and enjoy the small moments...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the slowing down and being able to see something in a new way. Finding poems in unexpected places, clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find such clever ways to write your slices. I love the poems and how you got there.

    I'm with you, twice weekly publishing is enough for me right now. I just can't jump into another challenge right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about do a slice title poem, but didn't. I thought about doing a comment poem, but didn't. I'm so glad you did. And they turned out so lovely. Now I'm ready for a cup of tea... but I'm afraid I'd fall asleep if I had a book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to dive into a poetry challenge but I'm with you--I just feel a bit too depleted to commit to another daily challenge. I like how you turned to your slice titles and comments to fashion these two found poems. Both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding this technique to the poems I’ll try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just wonderful, Terje, especially the line, "Unexpected beautiful discovery." I decided to try #AprilLove2018.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "My blog is a writing playground." Just love this line. Playing with words is what writers do. Found poems are such fun because no two are ever the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both found poems and am glad I did not know about the Instagram challenge because I've joined the poem writing one and don't think I would have had I been tempted by Insta.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great found poem! ...and I am intrigued by the book you posted (about slowing down)... I am still recovering from last month two, even though I loved blogging and this community and noticing more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, you amaze. I LOVE this idea ... I will need to try both at some point. I love the idea of a new and different challenge ... but that reminds me how I felt so many years ago before starting the SOLSC!! Scared, unsure, nervous ... do I need to do this right now in my life? Hmmm. Thanks for always being so inspiring. And that book looks delicious too! (And, yeah! It's at my library!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your poems! You've inspired me to explore this approach to writing poetry! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a lovely celebration of your March time writing, Terje. I love reading all the topics.

    ReplyDelete