Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

The book that I bought - a photo story




On a cold, cold March day, 
in the capital of Poland,
we climbed a high soviet style tower


looked down and far across the city
knowing that somewhere books were waiting


A paper map
Google map


We found
a small bookstore
like a cozy living room



a tiny bookstore
like a packed library



a children's bookstore
like a reading nest

This is a day before we found a surprise ending

Another children's bookstore
like an illustration gallery


an art bookstore
like an extravagant exhibition




I bought a book 
You understand why



with pages like this





I couldn't resist

11 comments:

  1. Your love of books shines through! I adore bookstores, too! Loved seeing glimpses of all the ones you found. :) That book is gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo story about bookstores is delightful. So fun to see more pics from your bookstore adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect phoetry! Love, love, love the images and the words to enhance those images. Wish I could have been along for the bookstore journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and commentary. This place looks so cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- what a beautiful slice told in pictures and words. This is a structure I want to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- what a beautiful slice told in pictures and words. This is a structure I want to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos that represent so many bookstores that in turn symbolize so many stories, so many books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish I could have tagged along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am drooling over the bookstores! Gorgeous! It makes me want to linger in them all day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story is just right with photos and words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words and photos ... telling a happy tale of books!

    ReplyDelete