On Saturday night we had a grand Gala Dinner in a St. Agnes Cloister in Prague. Hundreds of educators from international schools celebrated the end of CEESA conference. Round tables with white table cloths, candles and flowers stood on the stone floor under the high arches of the Gothic style building. Many people were dressed for the occasion, not as nuns and monks, but women wore dresses and high heels, and men were in suits and ties. Some had opted for more practical clothes in the cold weather, a bitt fancier blouse, trousers and sweater. I go for the warm over beauty look when it's cold.
Five years ago I had danced in Lobkovicz Palace in Prague for a similar event.
No dancing this time for me, because I left early to get enough sleep for a post conference sessions on women in leadership.
Today I think I am ready for another party. It doesn't matter that it is Monday. This party lasts the whole March. It doesn't matter that I still have a workshop session until noon and a flight home. One can join the party at any time during a day from any location.
Leigh Anne invited people to a party. You can join too.
I am bringing
A favorite book: As any reader knows choosing a favorite is a mission impossible. Considering who joins the party I would bring "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore." After reading this book we would write about our joys and sorrows, of all that we knew, and of everything we hoped for. This is what Morris did, because his life was a book of his own writing, one orderly page after another.
A favorite person: again a tough choice. I'd like to bring my whole family. Today I will make a different choice and bring my director. She is the one running the workshop for 30 female school leaders. You would get to learn from her, and you would hear many stories. She is a wonderful story teller.
A favorite food: No kidding, but this is a challenge too. When on a conference I eat way more than at home. There's the hotel breakfast, and then snacks you want to sample during coffee breaks, and a lunch buffet, and then dinner in the evening. My stomach is full. Last night we ate at a Thai restaurant. I won't come empty handed. I'll bring cheese and nuts. "Nuts for the nuts," my friend used to say, and aren't we all a bit nuts for writing every day for a whole month. Nuts in a very good way.
A favorite song: Ed Sheeran's Perfect. This song invites me to Vienna waltz.
A surprise: Dixit - a board game. If you haven't played it before, I hope you will try.
Let's have fun!


I am saving my party RSVP for a day over break (I think). I need to check out the game and loved reading your other contributions.
ReplyDeleteHooray! I'm so glad you're coming to this party too!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the invite!!!! As for your conference in Prague. What a place for a conference! Keep us with you,
ReplyDeleteBonnie
Whoops! You aren't in Prague right? HA!!!
DeleteYou will bring such a welcomed international flair to my party - connections made a world apart are the best! And yes, nuts for the nuts! If your bring that song, then you must show how us how to waltz to it, too! Thank you for coming - I will add you to the guest list.
ReplyDeleteLove your choices! Especially Ed Sheeran's song, I turn up the car radio every time it comes on and sing along. So much love in that song. I don't know that board game, but I enjoy games, so if you say this is fun. It must be true.
ReplyDeleteI felt inspired by your post today and had to join the fun! Thanks for the reminder of this slice format. Since I'm bringing cake, I'm glad you're bringing nuts.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful party. I love "The Fantastic Flying Books" and Ed Sheeran's music. I'd sit on the couch eating nuts, reading, and chilling to the tunes.
ReplyDeleteIt is always interesting to see what choices people make. If cashews are part of the nuts ou bring then I am in.
ReplyDeleteI am eating almonds while reading your post. Nuts for the nutty! So fun to see everyone's unique answers to these questions.
ReplyDeleteI love your book choice! William Joyce was the speaker at the Virginia State Reading Association's conference last week and I had the opportunity to sit next to him at dinner. We could have listened to his stories all night!
ReplyDelete