Sit down, open your laptop and record all the wonderful things of your week.
In reality somehow the writing doesn't come smoothly even on the most wonderful weeks.
It could be the timing.
On Friday the energy is so low that all I wish to do is crawl to bed and shut down all thinking. Except for this Friday when I arrived at home, put down my schoolbag and took my camera and went for fall photo hunt. The ground was a bit sloshy and I had wrong shoes, this however didn't stop me from walking down to a river. And then I came home and crawled to bed.
On Saturday if the day is clear of any plans I might even achieve the goal of blogging. This Saturday I wasn't even at home. I got some reading done when my husband drove us to the countryside. Reading has been sparse this week as I have driven to school rather than taking the train. By the time we got back the sleep arrived quickly.
On Sunday my mind keeps scrolling with the new week's to-do-list. The list is a powerful master making sure that if a laptop is opened then it is used for educational purpose only. In between the school work there's laundry and lunch and doing dishes and sweeping the floors and dusting the shelves.
Yet, how could I skip celebrating? So I sneak in a little writing time before going to sleep. (You notice that sleep is a recurring theme this weekend. Seems that I never get enough sleep)
This time mu celebration is a gratitude list.
I am thankful for
- my hubby
- Monday dance lesson
- listening to students reading to me
- the read aloud conversations
- the opportunity to observe lessons
- professional conversations with my colleagues
- for the laughter in the teacher's lounge
- cheese
- sugar cookies
- Leigh Anne's poem
- fresh air
- daughter's chatting
- boardgames
- my bed
Wishing you all a wonderful week and enough time to do what brings you joy!

All good celebrations, Terje. I think the collaboration between you and Terje for an Autumn Ablaze image poem is wonderful. Keep those beautiful photos coming. I met a young teacher yesterday who's family came from Estonia. I told her to check out your blog. Small world, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThis is my struggle too Terje. I am tired on Friday, busy on Saturday and trying to get all my ducks in a row on Sunday before the week starts so blogging usually ends up getting done late on Sunday night. Eeek! Then sleep is shortened on the night when I should really be banking good hours. Like you, I also don't want to skip the celebration because it's lovely to honor the good things and moments in the world. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteTime to do what brings you joy - I love that sentiment for the weekend. And thanks for linking to Leigh Anne's poem. It's beautiful. I celebrate with you - board games, bed, and sugar cookies!
ReplyDelete