Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Now what?

I peeked thought the curtains, and I am glad I did so it didn't come as a surprise later, and found my car and everything else covered with a fluffy layer of snow. On the last day of March. But that's not what worried me. I saw my car tailed with two other cars, making it impossible for me to back out from the driveway in front of our apartment building.
Now what?
I gently went and woke up my husband and asked whether he could come up with a solution or rather drive to the city in the evening to pick me up after a ballet performance. Without any words he, he got dressed, and went out. I saw his puzzlement. Then he took time, cleaned the car. When I got out, he sat in it and drove ahead on the sideway in front on the rest of the building, turned a corner, and carefully drove between another car and a sandbox in front of another apartment building, and then made two more turns and arrived soon behind all the other cars. He came out, handed me the keys and planted a kiss on my cheek, wishing safe drive to the city.

I couldn't think of what to write for a reflection so I wrote a little slice from this morning
I realise that I have been just writing - the stories that occupy my mind, the words that arrive when I ask. The challenge was easier than previous years. I have worried less about having wonderful slices, written in a way that would meet my imaginary slice standards I used to set for myself. I have forgiven myself that I didn't comment as much as I had hoped. I appreciate that people visit this blog and leave lovely comments. I wish to hug everyone.

Now what?
See you on Saturdays at Ruth's place and on Tuesdays at Two Writing Teachers.

Thank you to TWT team for this wonderful challenge!

13 comments:

  1. Nice little slice. Seems you have a wonderful, helpful husband like mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your line - I wish to hug everyone. I feel the same way. I think your husband deserves a hug, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post illustrates how wonderful your husband is.

    I have also worried less about having wonderful slices and forgiven myself for not commenting as much as I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is filled with honest details. My favorite - Without any words he, he got dressed, and went out.
    So glad you write and share here. See you on Tuesdays and next March! Snow on 3/31?? I wish you springtime. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I have just written" - words filled with freedom and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful husband!! He's a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed this slice. Looking forward to your Tuesday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a loving husband. That's what these slices are all about - just those small moments in time. I always enjoy reading your slices. Looking forward to Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit of life on the other side of the ocean comes to my compute. I love it and I love the words you share in slices and comments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing nicer than solving a perplexing problem, and then sharing with us, Terje. Every day I've looked forward to what you share. See you tomorrow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A solved problem - nice way to begin the day! See you on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a good ending to what could have been a real problem. Loved writing with you this month, Terje!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now what? is a great question Terje. It will lead you into the next phase, the next project, the next challenge. You will ponder and as writer do, you will react. Thank you for your continued support and contribution within this writing community.

    ReplyDelete