Had we known that the shopping mall had a festive fair going on we wouldn't have gone there, but since we didn't we ended right in the middle of farmer's market merriment. We weren't immune to the displays and ended up buying smoked ham, herb cheese, six pickles, two mangoes, a caramel doughnut (one for three to share), and ten macaroons as a gift.
We hadn't planned for any of this. Like I hadn't planned to write this slice. My plan was to list ten things for a weekly celebration:
slow foxtrot and rumba
reading and notes
strengthening inner core
drama games
tulips for Women's Day
portfolio reflections
concert
student led conferences
leadership lecture and dinner
theater
These are my mini macaroons of this week - each different color and different flavor. I pack them in this celebration and tie with a pretty gratitude ribbon. My gift to myself.
What flavors did your week hold?


My slice was also unplanned today...sometimes we need to write what's on our minds. :)
ReplyDeleteThis line, "We weren't immune to the displays" so captures the essence of a market to me. You don't know what will catch your eye and every vendor hopes your immunity is low.
ReplyDeleteLove the way you tied this up with a pretty gratitude ribbon. Sometimes the moment wins over the plans.
ReplyDeleteI love this! I had a plan as well, and I'm pretty sure I've written about everything BUT what was in it!! What a freeing experience this has been thus far.
ReplyDeleteHmmm... maybe I should write about that.
The best laid plans...It is the unexpected that makes like interesting and exciting.
ReplyDeleteLove that you went with the moment--both at the fair/market and with the post. Be open for what emerges is a source of happiness.
ReplyDeleteWe have a store that sells those mini-macaroons, family favorite. I love that you've taken them each as a celebration, Terje. One macaroon, chocolate spice and lots of things nice!
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to writing, sometimes it's just best to go with the flow.
ReplyDeleteOne doughnut for share among three. What restraint for an unplanned stop. Impressive indeed.
ReplyDeleteLoved the unplanned writing - I may have to go find a macaroon as well!
ReplyDeletethe best things can happen unplanned!
ReplyDeleteFlavors of the week to celebrate life-wonderful thought, Terje!
ReplyDeleteWonderful metaphors - your mini macaroons. Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove how you wove those mini macaroons into your celebrate slice, all because you let yourself enjoy farmer's market merriment.
ReplyDeleteI loved you admission: "We weren't immune to the displays and ended up buying..." I thought the caramel doughnut three ways was best.
ReplyDeleteI love macaroons and I love your slice. I have a few flavors that showed up in my week and I just have a feeling the some macaroons are going to show up in a slice this week.
ReplyDeleteA rainbow of mini macaroons! Another tasty slice!
ReplyDeleteLove the "macaroons" you wrapped with a "gratitude ribbon"!
ReplyDelete