Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

too early for memory problems


When winter arrived, I got out my warm red winter jacket and long black woolen coat. One for everyday use, short, comfy, with a hood, good for a rainy days, right for driving. The other fancier for cold days and special occasions, not so good for rainy days or driving. I've had both for more than six years.
There were some days, like when I went to a theater or met with a friend in a cafe, during winter when the long coat was too warm and the red coat wasn't fancy enough. Few times I looked at a short black ladies coat with a cute collar hanging in my middle daughter's closet. I even played with the idea to call and borrow the coat but figured it might be too small for me, so I never called.
Last Friday morning, when a dinner in a restaurant was ahead, I looked at the pretty coat again. I just thought of checking the size. Just my size. I took it out to try on.
A small handmade jewellery pin was attached to the collar. It looked familiar. Of course it did. I shook my head.
This was my coat. 
I had bought it last spring and completely forgotten about it.
I think I am too young for memory problems. 

11 comments:

  1. Funny! And it was the pin that gave it away...I wonder what you found in the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! And it was the pin that gave it away...I wonder what you found in the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it was in your daughter's closet? Does that mean she borrowed it? When we buy things for the next season, it's hard to remember something that you haven't used yet. I don't think you should be too concerned for this memory lapse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, but I think we all go thru these memory lapses no matter our age (at least I've convinced myself of that fact). Just chalk it up to being busy and out of the normal closet where it should have been hung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me giggle. I think memory lapses are normal. Now you have a cute new jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you had the chance, you would have bought it a second time, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! Look at the bright side, now you have another coat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, this is cute! And yay for a "new" coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! That's too funny! Can I share a secret? I'm starting to forget things too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Terje, with three daughters, I understand that there might be a mix-up. You definitely are too young for memory problems.

    ReplyDelete