Whipping eggs with sugar, stirring in flour and cocoa, chopping pecans and chocolate, mixing, tasting, wiping some chocolate powder from his chin - my hubby makes a delicious sight to watch when he bakes.
Since both of our baking princesses moved out, and the evening baking sessions became rarity, my hubby grabs for a whisk and spatula himself.
On Thursday evening, when I was out enjoying a ballet, he and my youngest messed around in the kitchen to bake chocolate-pecan brownies with chocolate frosting. This was for us only to see, because yesterday evening Mimm, a backpack over her shoulders, a sleeping bag and a pillow tucked into a bag in her left hand, carried the collaborative sweet result to a sleep over at school.
Not a bite left at home, my hubby decided to fix the mistake.
Not hard for you to guess what I had for breakfast this Saturday morning.
Have a sweet Saturday!

A sweet slice indeed! I loved that your husband bakes with your kids, and the results look pretty delicious. In our house we have cake for breakfast on birthdays--I love the little tradition we started. We're health nuts so the smiles are always big when you get to eat cake around 7:30 AM!
ReplyDeleteWe have birthday cake for breakfast, too! Nothing better than sweets and I'm okay with starting the day, enjoying in the middle of the day, or ending the day with something sweet. Any time at all, in fact, works for me!
ReplyDeleteOh, a bit of sweet... I used to love ice cream for breakfast...
ReplyDeleteBut I've curbed the sweet tooth now. Time to make the bacon and eggs!
This is great, why not have something sweet for breakfast? Sometimes we get so into routines and "have to's" that we need to just break some rules! I'm going to make sweet waffles! yum!
ReplyDeleteCake for breakfast?!?! Is there anything better!!! LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteSo glad hubby could fix the mistake. Yum! Breakfast for champions!
ReplyDeleteI can't say that you are so lucky. Poison for me. I could never resist anything that looked so amazing and it gets harder and harder to get it off.
ReplyDeleteBonnie K
Well that looks amazing! I really enjoyed this sweet slice!!! I only wish I could have tasted the cake.
ReplyDeleteWould love a slice about now - or anytime! Yum indeed!
ReplyDelete