Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Beauty of ideas

Too much distraction, clutter, confusion.
Scattered thoughts.

Ideas race in a lightening speed through the brain,
going in unpredictable directions,
colliding, exploding,
forming unexpected connections,
illuminating depths and edges,
igniting creative sparks,
half-finished,
imperfect,
just a flash, no more,
disappearing again,
leaving nothing behind.

Waiting patiently,
to achieve the perfect stillness,
the mirror-smooth surface of a marsh lake,
few ideas whisper,
barely audible,
slowly surfacing,
faintly glowing,
too fragile to catch
and morph into words.
  
The one flash of clarity,
the beauty of understanding,
subtle delight, 
breathtaking peace.


 I celebrate the few moments of serenity when ideas feel perfect.
 
Photo credit: Mihkel,  Grade 5

6 comments:

  1. You captured this so beautifully - the challenge and the beauty of communicating our ideas. Gorgeous photo by Mihkel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how it feels. The stark moment of clarity. A great thing to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand, and am grateful that you captured it so well, Terje. The strain before, the serenity after--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an image you create with your words! I'm celebrating your poetry! Mihkel's photo is the perfect ending touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thoughts arranged beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling this, too - the need to do as you did and reach for serenity!

    ReplyDelete