How to be happy
1.
Figure out who you are,
search your soul,
be kind,
let go of worries,
forgive your flaws,
find your passion,
chase your dreams,
practice mindfulness,
be thankful,
keep learning,
follow your heart.
2.
Wash the dishes,
sweep the floor,
make a cup of tea,
take a book,
read.
Each list is full of gems, but I will wait on the dishes and sweeping and go get my book! :)
ReplyDeleteEach list is full of gems, but I will wait on the dishes and sweeping and go get my book! :)
ReplyDeleteLists are always a great go to when you are not sure what to write. So many good ideas in your first list. Each one important.
ReplyDeleteSearch your soul to follow your heart will always lead to happiness. Now if someone else would wash the dishes and sweep the floor, life would be good as you sip the tea and read.
ReplyDeleteWonderful lists! I made the tea and got a book, but I will have to work on the others later.
ReplyDeleteGreat list, but I too would fore go doing the dishes and sweeping the floor. A cup of tea (or wine) and a good book - yes!
ReplyDeleteI love your list. I'm writing a memoir now with my 5th graders and my idea is that I get unexpected positive energy from doing my chores. So I get all the tasks on your list.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid my list 2 is way too long. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteI like how yours ended. EnJOYing. :0)
Great list poem. I plan to do the last two lines of your poem.
ReplyDeleteDo you pick either or? Or can you pick both? Both are great lists ... perhaps depending on the day!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very cool shift from deeper instructions to pragmatic instructions--both with the same end result. I really like this format. I might have to mimic it.
ReplyDeleteYour thoughts touch the soul of our hearts and initiate action. I so relate.
ReplyDeleteI had never thought of lists as being a poem. I sometimes make a list of what I have done during the day just to feel like the time has not been totally wasted. I will now think of that as a Slice of Life. Thank you!
ReplyDelete