Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week in the Life: Saturday

Saturday - slow and warm, staying at home, letting the time flow, smiling, chatting, playing - an enjoyable day. I usually include some work and writing to the day. I try to update my classroom blog and Celebrate posts in the morning, letting the rest of the day focus on the family. I didn't take many pictures.  Let it be the few then.

 I love when we can pull the curtains away and let the light pour in.



Mimm was willing to pose to me. Hurray! She returned from a friend's birthday with a phoenix painted on her face.




My sister wondered whether I would include in my post that we spent 45 minutes on a phone. I reverted to my bedroom, spoke to my sister and then called my friend and read on I-Pad and wrote in my journal.

 I experimented with taking a self-portrait. Looks like the camera is the main character.
With a nine-year-old in a family you can bet on some crazy ideas.





What fun it was for Mimm to go through the maze. What fun it was to watch.

Mimm practiced two songs for an upcoming musical.


I wish I had pictures of the family playing board games and having lunch together, and two oldest girls baking at night. This is what our Saturdays are often about.

Thoughts:

  • some memories will be best stored in the heart not in pictures
  • not captured on the pics are the conversations and feelings that fill the space around and inside us
  • the story we tell matters the most to us not to anyone else

1 comment:

  1. What a cool room! So creative!
    Like the thoughts you shared.
    What an incredible adventure you've been on!

    ReplyDelete