Morning:
How come the habit of brushing teeth is so much easier than so many other habits? My oldest doesn't live with us anymore but we still keep her toothbrush for the weekends and holidays when she comes to visit. Not being completely awake made it very hard to get a focused pic of the toothbrushes. Who on earth takes pics of toothbrushes?
Taking pictures of myself putting on mascara was a funny experiment. Since I used a camera with my right hand I put the mascara in my left and then realized that I am not able to apply mascara with my left. Had to switch hands. I use very little make-up. Sometimes I even forget to put lipgloss on.
I really wanted a picture of my one-egg-pan. My sis gave it as a gift to me and I love using it when I cook just for myself.
A sandwich and a cup of tea. Kersitn slept in. She zoomed through her morning routine and gobbled up cereal really fast.
Taking a picture of my hair clip was another funny experiment. I had no idea at which angle to hold the camera so I took many pictures hoping that at least some will turn out ok. I feel more teacherish with my hair up. Besides I don't need to brush it during a day. It feels liberating to take it off when I get home after the school.
A morning kiss to Mimm is part of my morning routine. In the past she used to wake up and hug me. Now she just mumbles, turns to another side and sleeps on. Using flash in the morning almost woke her up.
At school:
It was my duty day outside. I am outside during the lunch break every Thursday. Yesterday the weather was fine and I enjoyed the fresh air. The light allowed me to take pictures that I like - the sky, the leaf and more sky.
The students went home, the teachers had a meeting.
After school:
When my camera was ready, my sis took pictures of me. Her hands were shaking because she had just hurried to school almost running.
When my sis saw my camera gain, she said I can take a picture but only if it shows what she rally thinks about my picture taking before a zumba lesson. Read her mind.
This is my zumba teacher. Ms. Maki is a fourth grade teacher in our school She lived her past few years in Mexico and Panama. She offered zumba as an after school activity. Not very many people signed up but she decided to dance anyway, even when only two people come to a lesson. Dancing is good for the soul and the body.
I have taken only four zumba lessons (the ones Maki has given this year.) Fortunately my ballroom latin lessons help me to follow the steps. I don't have neough stamina though and get out of breath easily. Maki is like a little energy ball, bouncing and smiling all the time. She has tried to beg some smiles from us. To make her happy we at least try to pose and smile when a song finishes. Maki grabbed for my camera. We politely declined (strongly refused) when she offered to take pictures in the end of the lesson. My sis and I were both red and sweaty.
At home:
Since Tarmo got home a bit earlier than I did, it was his turn (again) to make dinner. On most days I cook but somehow during this week it seems like my hubby is in the kitchen a lot. The quickest dish we could think of was pasta with minced meat. I helped with the salad. It still left me time to do my Week in the Life post.
While we cooked, Mimm sat and drew. I wrote earlier of a left over sofa in the kitchen. We have another one in the living room (three sofas altogether) that has taken a place of a chair.
We had pine apple for dessert and even before I had my camera out the rest of the family asked whether I would take pictures again. Of course I did. We eat pine-apple very seldom.
We do not celebrate Halloween in Estonia but children have seen so much about it on TV and it is slowly creeping in. Yesterday Mimm made a scull mask (with the help of her bigger sister) and demonstrated her costume. Apparently their school allows the students to dress up for Halloween. The idea of Mimm going in her skeleton PJ-s seems odd but who wants so to argue with a 9-year-old, especially if this is the easiest solution possible.
Mimm jumped to the picture I wanted to take of Kerstin who was still working on her programming project. Quite often Kerstin is in her room, so it was lovely to have her in the living room even when she didn't speak much with us. She didn't want me to take a picture but agreed that she could survive one.
I don't watch much TV. Yesterday there was a show where famous Estonian singers sing interpretations of each others' songs. It was fun to watch. When I took my camera out, I was questioned why I take so many pictures and of odd things. Explaining that "I want to" was not accepted very well because we do not allow that answer from our children.
Yesterday Mimm got to bed before me.
I like when I shut down my computer and all icons disappear I see the most beautiful nature picture I have ever taken. (Years ago. On a perfect morning.) Taking a pic of mu computer screen added a frost effect. Here is the original.

Enjoyed spending the day with you! This was really neat!
ReplyDelete