Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Celebrate this week: returning home

Discover. Play. Build.

Ruth Ayres invites people to share a celebration every Saturday. Thinking back to a week you can pick anything - small or big - to celebrate. Thank you for the invitation, Ruth!

Celebrating three days in Riga:

getting to know educated and engaging people
adding books to my to be read list
participating in an international project meeting
exercising in shifting perspectives
practicing finding positive in different situations
sleeping a bit longer than on school days
reuniting and laughing with old friends
walking around in a beautiful city
enjoying spring weather and blossoms

(Once again I forgot to take pictures. I appreciate my friend sharing some of her photos.)





Most of all I celebrate returning home:

hugging my family 
sleeping in my bed
waking up with the sunshine 
drinking tea from my teacup
getting ready for my nephew's birthday party today
looking forward to a relaxing Sunday





Have a beautiful weekend!




10 comments:

  1. Going away and learning is always a celebration, but the return home is the sweetest of celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a productive and successful trip! And being home always brings me such peace and joy, too. Enjoy your restful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful posts! Your happiness was evident in the poems and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learning and sharing are always great celebrations...and so is returning! I love the pictures! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Exercising in different perspectives." I find this easier when experiencing different cultures, but somewhat of a challenge on the home front. Isn't this what existing on this planet is all about? I love the contrasting tone between away and home. The images add to the text. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want to wander down that stone street. Looks lovely. But yes, home is pretty special too.Thanks for such a beautiful celebration. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful to have such great opportunities to engage our minds and then come home to what matters most! Lovely pictures too (so glad you and your friend shared them)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you really see that rainbow? Traveling can exhaust and exhilarate all at the the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful city!
    You had incredible celebrations at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always make me smile. I had to LOOK UP Riga but then smiled at your incredible homecoming! I felt like you went from excited to be away to being excited for being home in a New York Minute!

    ReplyDelete