More than two hundred slices to read every day during March at Two Writing Teachers.
Yesterday after school my to-do-list almost suffocated me. I fought back, vanishing tasks one by one. Giving up my weekly gym lesson was a mild sacrifice. Today, when I had my planning period, the sunshine spelled 'take a break' on my window. I took the hint. Escaping school grounds made me feel ridiculously free and happy. I may have appeared walking respectfully but inside I had a little child joyously skipping, noticing and greeting the world around me.
Break, planning period
I love break
Choice, go outside
I love choice
Idea, leave school
I love ideas
Sun, bright and warm
I love sun
Birds, chirping and tweeting
I love birds
Walking, down hill
I love walking
Bookstore, place to go
I love bookstore
The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
Book love
Happy
Wishing everyone some sunshine and a break from the ordinary!

Love this! Your poem is one that can't be read without being felt. The happiness jumps out of the words. I love happy poems!
ReplyDeleteIt does feel good to get a break and some fresh air. A co-worker and I would go for a walk during our lunch period just to get a breath of fresh air. Sometimes it was also to escape the negative attitude of some people in the faculty room.
ReplyDeleteOh, how fun! I know that suffocating to-do list feeling well. Great idea to go outside. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe path you followed is a good one indeed, Terje. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteBreak, ideas, walking, sun, bookstore - all things that make us happy. So glad you could take time and enjoy your 40 minutes and thanks for sharing that joy with us.
ReplyDeleteIf I were that close to a bookstore and it was sunny out, I'd do it, heck, yeah! I am totally supportive of your choice. You probably brought so much joy back into your classroom it was all worth it. I read The Goldfinch over Christmas break!
ReplyDeleteI can feel the surge of possibilities and the power of taking your life into your own hands. I want to hear about the Goldfinch...
ReplyDeleteENJOY it ALL!
I think you really were skipping! Your words certainly are! I am so ready for sunshine. We are getting glimpses of it but I want more. Have fun reading your book. I have heard a lot about this one!
ReplyDeleteThis poem makes me happy, Terje...love it!
ReplyDeleteAny road that leads to a bookstore is a happy road!
ReplyDeleteLove your tag, poemish. Nothing poemish about it! It's a poem, through and through. I'm afraid I would lose track of time if I escaped to a bookstore during school. You had all the elements that feed my soul and make me happy.
ReplyDelete