Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

book spine poem feat. Memory

The SOLSC challenge wouldn't be complete without a book spine poem. It was on my list. I had a plan to spend time in our school library, choosing the just right books. I forgot. Only two days left, I searched for some books on the book shelves at home. Most of them are in Estonian. Most books in English are PD books. The books that had been in the poems last year and the year before, said they were not interested. Fortunately my daughters allowed to borrow some of their books. I piled different books in different order. Something was missing. I invited a guest performer - Memory game. This is my poem today. As with any writing, on a different day, the words would line up in a different order to deliver another message. 

Ink Heart
Quiet
Divergent
Memory
Fragile Eternity
Never Let Me Go



book spine poem 2011
book stacks and book spine poem 2012

10 comments:

  1. I always love the juxtapositional (is that a word?) quality of book spine poems, and the underlying stories beneath the titles that inform the poem and the choices we make for the books. Nicely done.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love book spine poems. I am so glad that you did one. I haven't seen one in a while and it was fun to see your new one as well as think back to other poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your introduction made me laugh (the titles from previous years did not want to participate). Once again your titles create a thought provoking poem. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The addition of the game is just right...Divergent Memory. That is what I am fighting these days. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Terje, a comment for many of us, I suppose. Glad you found some new lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! This is on my to-do list, and you have just helped me expand my thinking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Ishiguro...and Divergent is sitting by my desk, waiting to be read. You picked some great books for this book spine poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Maybe something I could explore during spring break...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love book spine poetry! Nice choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent choices. I have yet to do a book spine poem - but intend to. I'll have to go to my classroom for it however - not very much to choose from at home unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete