Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A gift of time - a day in the countryside


Time stretched together with the blue sky above me. The salty sea breeze blew the clouds of doubt making room for beauty.  The chunk of crankiness crumbled and fell through the holes. Pleasant thoughts settled. The molecules of stress evaporated in the warmth of the sun making intensity impossible. The worries dissolved in the chirps of the birds. Lulled by the lilacs and mesmerized by the apple blossom snow fall I stood still. I was caught in the amber of time. 

8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful & you have inspired me because I'm on my way to an ocean vacation & I hope I can somehow emulate your description in my journaling. It's like a list of 'getting there', unlocking the locks. I love the verbs: crumbled, evaporated, dissolved, lulled, mesmerized. Enjoy that amber of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made the 'invisible' so visible and clear! What a picture perfect day in the country. Thank you for this gift of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good descriptive paragraph! I will be copying it and using it for a mentor text to remind me how to build an image. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW--this is a magnificent piece, It is definitely a mentor piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, the lull of the great outdoors and all her beauty. Your words filled me with the relaxation of early morning walks and coffee on the back deck. Really anytime of day spent outdoors can do it. I enjoyed your slice of the countryside - beautiful!
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely description. So few words -- such a big feeling.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I love your word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve this moment of letting things go. I, too, feel the crankiness crumbling. Molecules of stress are evaporating as I write. I adore this line about being "caught in the amber of time." It brings to mind a state of being that is timeless, warm and memorable.

    Thanks for giving us a window into your golden moment.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete