Hey, white woolly flock, grazing on the bright blue meadow, do you ever think of your brothers and sisters who are still trapped inside? I think of them often. I used to pass them on my way home. All they seemed to do was chewing, chewing, chewing. Chewing in silence all day long. I believe that it was just a disguise. They watched the cars passing and as soon as the road was empty they started dancing and marching. How else would you explain the lines, circles, squares, and other formations that differed from day to day. Was it jig? Line dance? Square dance? Two step? You probably know because I saw you dancing along when I watched out of my car window. When my car reached the sheep on the meadow, all I saw was chewing, chewing, chewing. They must have enjoyed the hide-and seek with the drivers. I think that they are secretly dancing even now. Irish dance -what else - bodies tightly together, hiding the quick and precise movement of the feet.
Inspired by my Monday dance lessons and Shaun the Sheep
Inspired by my Monday dance lessons and Shaun the Sheep
How clever is this!! I love this idea. Like to hear more about Shaun the Sheep!
ReplyDeleteReally, imagination knows no bounds. It's a clever piece of writing, just calling for some art to go with. I love that 'chewing, chewing, chewing'.
ReplyDeleteHow else would you explain it indeed! I love the picture that grew in my mind of the contrast between the blue meadow and the green one.
ReplyDelete