Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Today: Happy

Read more slices at Two Writing Teachers

For a second I dip a gingerbread heart into a steaming peppermint tea, and then let it melt on my tongue.  The sweetness and warmth flowing through my body spell "happiness."
On Sunday we celebrated Mimm's tenth and my sister's thirty-seventh birthday. Children and adults gathered to eat, play and be. Chatter, memories, and laughter sprinkled through my home. 
Yesterday winter white beautified the surroundings, painting holiday peace and wonder scenery.
Tomorrow I will go to my mom's place. I don't dream of glitter and grand. Cozy and caring is all I need. 
Today I am at home with my family, rested and joyful, free to choose what to do.
I realize how fortunate I am. I am thankful.

Wishing everyone health, love and time!

My home street
Yesterday. Tallinn's Christmas Market.



11 comments:

  1. A beautiful reflection about what is truly important. Happy holidays to you too! (I love your pictures!)

    Jennifer
    Sweet Writing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Beautiful. (Your story and your photos) Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect! Enjoy just being!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and hugs for that 'cozy and caring' holiday, Terje. Your pictures are beautiful to see this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "cozy and caring"...what could be better. Love the pictures. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, you focus on what counts, Terje. Blessings of the season to you and your family. And thank you for the gift of those beautiful pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm jealous. Send some of that snow. I can't believe I'm asking for it.
    Merry Christmas, Terje.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a calm and soothing slice - a cookie dunked in peppermint tea, being cozy and cared for. Delightful. Beautiful pictures. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. võta palun kalkulaator kätte ja arvuta õigesti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops. Made my sis a bit older. My sis turned 36.

      Delete
  10. Such a peaceful post - something to be thankful for. I love the pictures. I want one snow like that and then spring! :)

    ReplyDelete