Right now I am:
:: listening to Mimm (8) commenting on everything she is writing in her journal. She has decided that she will collect her dreams and make them into a book.
:: realizing that I have provided her with a journal but not shared with her much of the writing process or writer's craft. I have given the gifts to my students but have kept them a secret from my daughter.
:: thinking of ways to guide her and make sure we have time to write together. I don't want to regret later for not doing it.
:: explaining to Mimm how is it possible to be a school teacher and not have a sharpener in my bag. I don't have a pencil case either. And sometimes I don't even have a pen.
:: waiting for a cheesecake to cool. My husband is spoiling me. This is the second time in five days that he has baked.
:: accepting that I will get older whether I like it or not. I don't like it. It is a bit easier than last year when the 3 in the tens place turned into 4.
:: appreciating that there are so many wonderful people in my life.
:: wondering what it really means to awaken a creative spirit.
:: puzzled how the month went by so fast.
right now May 2012
right now March 2011
I really like this stream of conscious format. I felt like I was there with you because I could see everything unfold as you described it. About age, in time there will be a 5 instead of a 4 in the tens column but if you are like most of us it will just be the way it is and really not so bad. Change is a part of life at every age after all.
ReplyDeleteI loved the cheesecake (baked by your husband) and the 3 in the tens place turning to a 4. Surprising turns in an already delightfully detailed list.
ReplyDeleteThis list made me chuckle and nod in agreement, Terje....especially the last. March is almost over, unbelievably!
ReplyDeleteRight now I am enjoying a peek into your mind and home. This month did fly by.
ReplyDeleteGreat list. At the right time, you will find the way to write with your daughter and share your love of writing and reading. I can believe March is almost over either.
ReplyDeleteI love your gerunds--listening, realizing, waiting, accepting, etc. This post seems to have just come straight from your heart.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are sharing your writing life with Mimm. I can't wait to do that with my girls too!
ReplyDeleteI do believe we also need to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! You tried to hide it in your post, but you deserve a happy, happy birthday and many, many more! I hope you had a wonderful day!
You made me think again! And yes, I think you really need a pen case; for years I used one from Marimekko!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that your stream of consciousness is sometimes so much like mine! It is amazing how many thoughts can go through the brain in a matter seconds, right? Crazy! Your thoughts always feel very cozy to me. I want to come and hang out in your home, at your table, while we are both writing. And, happiest birthday... again is a beautiful thing... without it, my guess is your writing wouldn't be so wise, and your wisdom is such that I appreciate it immensely!
ReplyDeleteGreat to have a little peek into your life, Terje. Nice to hear that you're going to be writing with Mimm; she'll love it. Happiest of birthday wishes, for cake and all things sweet!
ReplyDelete