:: pausing. I got a bit of writer's block with the report card writing. Switching to more pleasurable writing seemed like a good option.
:: appreciating that my sister sent me fresh peppermint and lemon balm to make the best fresh tea ever.
:: reassuring myself that I will get the report cards done.
:: enjoying the sunlight that has allowed to turn off all the lights in my classroom.:: reassuring myself that I will get the report cards done.
:: getting sentimental because Mimm is graduating from kindergarten this Friday. How did she grow up so fast?
:: getting even more sentimental because Kerstin is graduating 9th grade.
:: knowing that the next ten days will be busy and hectic and emotions will run low and high.
:: looking forward to the summer holidays. 8 more school days to go. No big plans.
:: waiting for a cleaning fairy to clean my classroom and sparkle up my home.
:: wishing for something funny to make me laugh. May-be the PYP Play this afternoon will make this wish to come true.
:: wondering why only 4 people commented on my last slice.
:: thankful that Soule Mama used this format of writing.
:: making a mental note to use this format more often
:: hoping to read some inspiring slices later this week.
I enjoyed the thought processes you have displayed here. I too like the format and might give it a go. Funny what we do as a break from report writing. Usually it is the only time of year I enjoy cleaning the oven or defrosting the freezer!
ReplyDeleteThe end of the school year is bittersweet. You captured the mood here in your list. I haven't seen this form before. May give it a go.
ReplyDeleteI love this format for writing - the verbs anchor your thoughts beautifully. And congratulations to Mimm...happy graduation!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great format for writing. This would be a great idea for writer's notebooks! I had to laugh at the line about waiting for the cleaning fairy to clean your classroom. I waited also, he/she just never seemed to arrive. Enjoy your last days and REALLY enjoy your break!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great format for honing in on what is foremost on your mind. Your waiting for the cleaning fairy gave me a chuckle. Good luck with your final few days.
ReplyDeleteI too love the format, Terje. Thank you for showing us just how it's done. Congratulations to Mimm-special moments this week for sure. We must be out when you are; I have 8 days left too, then back with the staff. I also love your search for the cleaning fairy-me, too! (BTW-it made me laugh!)
ReplyDeleteI like the format you chose for today, Terje. A list with strong verbs. I will have to mentor myself after this one very soon!
ReplyDeleteLove this... ironically enough, last week, I didn't get to READ posts - I barely got mine written! So, this week, I chose to write short in order to read long! Glad I got back here!!!
ReplyDeleteReassuring yourself that you will get done--that one speaks to me today!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am severely behind in commenting, so I (sadly) may not be one of the 4 who commented last week. My apologies! Life will slow down soon, right? I am taking a note from you and reassuring myself that it will!
I like the format...and I like your musings...
ReplyDeleteenjoying the sunshine, getting sentimental, waiting for a cleaning fairy, wishing for something funny, wondering why, and hoping to read...
What a great format connecting all the "all over the place happenings" that mark the end of the year and the busy lives of teachers!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI like how your thoughts are actions...things we're thinking...I like this format.
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't get to read your slice last week. we were having internet troubles at our house -really the cable system-tech was out yesterday to fix...now I have slices to catch up on! I too wonder why some weeks no comments, other weeks more...Stacey and Ruth, can we do a research project about what provokes a comment or doesn't?
Lots of thinking and reflecting on right now. I love the format as well. Lots to celebrate too!!! Enjoy the craziness of the next 10 days as it will go by so fast, but savor every moment of delight!
ReplyDelete