Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bubbles


What would be a summer without blowing soap bubbles? I have seen some incredible human size bubbles, bubble experiments, and bubble machines that all create waves of awe, but even the simplest tools and tiniest bubbles awaken the inner child of any adult. With anticipation I watch the bubbles grow, sigh when they break, and cheer when they float high above the tree tops to invisibility. You can never keep a bubble forever. For a moment they may land on the grass, rest on a leaf, and then they burst, leaving just a memory. Their fragile existence makes them precious. The sunshine and colors shimmering in the thin soap water skin carry fragments of rainbow. Many bubbles dancing in the air invite to join in and the heart fills with happiness. 






9 comments:

  1. Great photos. I really like the one on the leaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how many bottles of bubbles I went through as a kid. My friends and I would try to see who could blow the biggest bubble and also whose would last the longest before it popped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is magic and mystery in bubbles and your photos show that. Keep the child spirit alive by blowing bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical! We spent many a summer day blowing soap bubbles and delighting in the rainbow colors. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magical! We spent many a summer day blowing soap bubbles and delighting in the rainbow colors. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bubbles are a wonder for kids of all ages. Love the photographs of the bubbles caught resting! You must have been quick. And love your description as well. Carefree and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! I love those images Terje and the memories I have as well, Simple and wonderful.
    Digital Bonnie

    ReplyDelete