Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

to remember

Still in my pajamas I stood in the middle of our country home garden. The morning sun kissed my cheeks, the sea breeze caressed me, the soft grass tickled my toes. My sister gave me the biggest strawberry she had just picked.
"Put it in your mouth, close your eyes, and squish it with your tongue."
The sweet juice filled my blood stream.
"Now remember this feeling. Whenever you get stressed at school, close your eyes and think back to this morning."
I will.

15 comments:

  1. I love this memory. I think I will borrow it to use when I get stressed out at school.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, sweet advice to chew on on in moments of stress! I love it-thanks for sharing this moment with us! I will try to remember it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect, tasty slice! I love this description: The sweet juice filled my blood stream. And you have a very smart sister too. Lucky you - enjoy the country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister knows just what you need today and in the future. That strawberry sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be watching for my moment to remember to banish stress. A simple slice of life is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this sweet slice! It's beauty is it's simplicity...that's how I want to be, that's how I want to write. xo nanc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and delicious destresser! I must try this. You have to remember the kisses, breezes and tickles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt like I was standing beside you enjoying your garden and that tasty strawberry. A great reminder to cherish the moment and forget about everything else. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely and thoughtful gift from your sister! I'm glad to share this moment with you, Terje. We all need a few moments to savor in our memories. Thank you for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You captured this moment so well that I felt like I was standing beside you in the garden. This is one I'll save to share with my students.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple and lovely. I think sometimes we forget these simple moments... and we need to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!
    I will remember sitting at my girlfriend's cottage, knitting with friends while watching the lake. I could have sat there for days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how wonderful...
    "Still in my pajamas I stood in the middle of our country home garden. The morning sun kissed my cheeks, the sea breeze caressed me, the soft grass tickled my toes."

    ReplyDelete