Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tänan. Kohtumiseni.

I don't know what to say or write.
I went back to my very first post for this challenge.

"May-be I should join the Slice of Life Challenge? I do ask my students to be risk-takers. I do ask my students to write daily. I can do it. I know it sometimes takes me forever to write a paragraph in English, but may-be writing daily will make it easier. Do I dare? I am allowed to fail. Today's last lesson is worth sharing with others. It's all a learning experience," thoughts floated in my head during the train ride home.

I dared. I did it. I wrote every day. I learned. This whole experience was far beyond anything I imagined.
I am thankful to - Ruth and Stacey for hosting this challenge, Erin for inspiring me, this amazingly supportive community of writers for the kind comments, my dear husband for the dinners he cooked and the games he played with Mimm (6)

Ok. I still have to work on how to write a thank you speech for Oscars.

The short version of this post:

Tänan. Kohtumiseni.

8 comments:

  1. Perfect--and I love the idea of looking back to your first slice and your decision to join the challenge. I may have to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...this is a challenge but I loved how you said that you are allowed to fail. You did an amazing job and I enjoyed reading about your snippets of life. Love the thank you speech too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Ruth and Elizabeth G. I also have to say I loved coming to your blog and seeing that lovely painted portrait--it always brought a smile to my face (my children are all grown).

    Good for you for writing every day, and I have to say I've appreciated the comments you've left on my blog posts. Nice to hear from you when you were able. Carry on with the writing--you're interesting and enjoyable to read.

    Elizabeth E.
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but this is just the beginning - many more days of blogging and writing and sharing snippets lie ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brilliant to look back at your first slice. I will probably do that as well for tomorrow's reflection. It's been amazing to read your slices every day -- it's been a treat for me! Thank YOU for joining in the challenge, sharing your life and sharing many great comments. I hope you continue to write and that this isn't "just for a month."

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing on my posts. When we say we're tired and cannot read anymore posts, I find myself going back and reading more--it's like going back to a favorite book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your posts, saw such thoughtfulness in them, like today's. Hope we can continue slicing & reading posts together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed your reflections and the small glimpses of your life. Your children seem a delight.

    ReplyDelete